ETHICS & PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LEGAL PROFESSIONALS
Self-Paced Online Course: Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Legal Professionals
Study Hours: 17
The practice of law is highly regulated in the U.S. and this module presents the core rules governing attorneys. Topics include licensing, confidentiality, discipline for misconduct, conflicts of interest, the attorney work product, client referrals, fee sharing, the special roles and duties of lawyers.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the duties and responsibilities of lawyers under rules adopted by the American Bar Association and the state of California.
- Understand how lawyers are required to agree fees and enter engagements with clients, maintain client confidentiality, avoid conflicts of interests, represent clients in court and how lawyers can advertise and promote their services.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Legal Ethics: American Bar Association
- Legal Ethics: Conflicts of Interests
- Legal Ethics: Confidentiality
- Legal Ethics: Promoting Legal Services
- Legal Ethics: Client Engagements
- Legal Ethics: Fees & Client Funds
- Legal Ethics: Courts & Trials
- Legal Ethics: Judges & Other Special Roles & Responsibilities
- Legal Ethics: California-Specific Rules
- Legal Ethics: Introduction