Self-Paced Online Course: Criminal Procedure
Study Hours: 20
This module teaches the constitutional and other protections extended to individuals facing criminal charges in the U.S. Topics covered include searches and seizures, warrants, Miranda rights and the defendant’s rights to representation by legal counsel.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how the U.S. Constitution provides rights to individuals facing criminal charges via the 4th, 5th and 6th Constitutional amendments.
- Describe the scope of an individual’s Constitutional rights against unreasonable searches, arrests and seizures in the U.S.
- Advise an individual on his/her right to legal counsel and representation when accused or charged with a criminal offense.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Rights For Individuals Facing Criminal Charges
- Criminal Procedure: Summary of 4th Amendment Rights
- Criminal Procedure: Searches, Seizures & the 4th Amendment
- Criminal Procedure: Consent to Search & the 4th Amendment
- Criminal Procedure: Probable Cause & the 4th Amendment
- Criminal Procedure: Warrants & the 4th Amendment
- Criminal Procedure: Arrest & the 4th Amendment
- Criminal Procedure: Valid Searches and Seizures Without Warrants
- Criminal Procedure: Unlawful Searches & Seizures
- Criminal Procedure: Miranda, Police Interrogations & Confessions
- Criminal Procedure: Rights to Counsel Under 5th & 6th Amendments